SAP QM (Quality Management) Overview by Future Lab
SAP Quality Management is associated with SAP R/3 system and is incorporated with other SAP modules like SAP Material Management (MM), Production Planning (PP), and Plant Maintenance (PM). QM is an integrated part of logistic management and it is actually utilized to conduct top quality operations like quality planning, quality assurance, and quality control, at various phases such as for instance inbound material phase, in-process manufacturing procedure stage, and after production also.
SAP QM (Quality Management) Overview Important Points
- Through Quality Management component, you can implement the key components of QM system as explained in manufacturing guidelines as with ISO 9000.
- Being SAP Quality Management is an integral component of SAP R/3 system, it carries out the following key capabilities in production of items.
- Quality Planning − Quality planning allows to plan the review of products from the merchant, raw material, work-in-process, and final item.
- Quality Notifications − Quality alerts involves the defect recognition and measures to be studied by quality section.
- Quality Inspection − in this article, quality results are captured and decision is taken as to perhaps an inspection lot is intended to be accepted or denied.
- In the following diagram, you will notice the key components which are associated in SAP Quality Management approach.